Nana's Green Tea | Review

Good morning earthlings! Hope your week is going well. The weather has been sooo unforgiving these days that I just wanna hibernate on ic...


Good morning earthlings! Hope your week is going well. The weather has been sooo unforgiving these days that I just wanna hibernate on ice caps. So when a friend rings me up for lunch meetup, I was almost reluctant to turn up for the love of my air conditioned room. But knowing that I can visit Sephora (my kind of playground), I jumped at the chance.

We decided to meet up at Plaza Singapura and have Nana’s Green Tea. It was both our first time dining there. The menu isnt as extensive as I expected, but everything in there was something I would have ordered. As the name implies, green tea is the order of the day here. And I was spoilt for choice with its variety. I went for the Matcha Soft Cream Slushy ($7.50), a smoothie essentially with soft serve ice cream. I like the gritty texture of finely and evenly blended ice. So fine and gritty you can chew on it. And it doesnt melt into liquid for about an hour so I’m pleasantly surprised. It wasn’t overly sweet, and the ice cream was a nice smooth complement to the slush.

My friend who insists she’s on a ‘diet’ went for the Matcha Float, an iced Matcha latte topped with a scoop of green tea ice cream. The latte wasn’t sweet, bearing Matcha’s bitterness but the ice cream brought the right amount of sweetness to it. For those with not-so-sweet tooth, this would be your pick.

In addition I ordered a Seafood Mentaiko Udon with cream sauce. Who doesn’t love mentaiko??? This was served with scallops, prawns, squid and capsicum in mentaiko cream sauce. It bear no hint of spiciness as you would normally get with mentaiko dishes. The udon was nicely cooked with a slight chew while the sauce wasn’t salty or spicy , in fact a tad bland in my opinion as I prefer my food to be more flavoured. Ingredients were fresh and I enjoyed my meal there.

Was there on a weekday so ambience was nice, not packed nor noisy. However, it’ll most likely to crowd on weekends and during dinner time.
I would be back to try the other offerings.
Meanwhile, remember to stay hydrated!
Till the next time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments